Below you’ll find a list of organizations across Canada that provide legal support, information, advice or representation. Some are public education and advocacy organizations that produce online or print materials that might help to meet your legal needs. Other organizations on the list are legal clinics, non-profit organizations that provide access to legal information and advice for people who might otherwise face barriers to accessing legal support. Their work is typically conducted or supervised by lawyers and funded by donation or the provincial government that hosts them.
The CCLA is a national organization that works to protect and promote fundamental human rights and civil liberties. To fulfill this mandate, the CCLA focuses on litigation, law reform, advocacy and public education. Our organization is not a legal clinic. As such, we are typically not in a position to provide members of the public with legal advice or direct legal representation. However, we do try to provide general legal information and appropriate referrals where possible.
If you have questions about this list or want to suggest new organizations to include, we welcome you to reach out to publicenquiries [at] ccla [dot] org.
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN ONTARIO
- Pro Bono Law Ontario
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO)
- Ontario Justice Education Network
LEGAL CLINICS IN ONTARIO
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Aid Ontario” link below. Additional clinics may be found below.
- Community & Legal Aid Services Programme (CLASP) Osgoode Law School – York University
- Downtown Legal Services U of T Law School – University of Toronto
OTHER SPECIALIZED CLINICS AND LEGAL ORGANIZATIONS IN ONTARIO
- Aboriginal Legal Services of Toronto
- African Canadian Legal Clinic
- ARCH Disability Law Centre
- Centre for Spanish-Speaking Peoples
- Centre francophone de Toronto
- Legal Clinic at The 519 (LGBTQ Communities)
- Metro Toronto Chinese & Southeast Asian Legal Clinic
- Parkdale Community Legal Services
- South Asian Legal Clinic of Ontario
Family Law Offices
Human Rights Legal Support Centre
Landlords & Tenants
- Industrial Accident Victims’ Group of Ontario
- Injured Workers’ Consultants Community Legal Clinic
- Toronto Workers Health and Safety Legal Clinic
- Canadian Environmental Law Association
- Correctional Law Project (Queens University)
- HIV & AIDS Legal Clinic
- Income Security Advocacy Centre
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN QUEBEC
- Centre de justice de proximité du Grand-Montréal
- Commission des services juridiques (Quebec Legal Aid)
- Barreau Referral Service (Find a Lawyer)
- Quebec Ministry of Justice
- Ligue des droits et libertés
LEGAL CLINICS IN QUEBEC
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow either the “Legal Aid Quebec” or “Pro Bono Quebec” link. Additional clinics may be found below.
- Community Legal Centre of Montreal
- The Mile End Legal Clinic
- McGill Legal Clinic
- Project Genesis
- Head and Hands / À deux mains
Other Specialized Clinics and Legal Organizations in Montreal and Quebec
- Centre communautaire des gais et lesbiennes de Montréal (CCGLM)
- Center for Research-Action on Race Relations (CRARR)
- Montreal Artists’ Legal Clinic
- Women’s Centre of Montreal
- YWCA Legal Information Clinic (For Women Only)
- Just Solutions Clinic (mainly refugees)
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
- Justice Education Society of BC
- People’s Law School of BC
- British Columbia Civil Liberties Association
LEGAL CLINICS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Aid British Columbia” link below. Additional clinics may be found below..
Vancouver and Province-Wide
- Community Legal Assistance Society
- Western Canada Society to Access Justice
- Salvation Army British Columbia Pro Bono Program
- Law Students’ Legal Advice Program
- Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia
- Native Courtworker and Counseling Services of British Columbia
Other Specialized Clinics and Legal Organizations in British Columbia
- Aboriginal Community Legal Workers
- Family Law Program
- Native Courtworker and Counseling Services of British Columbia
- Volunteer Legal Advocacy Program (VLAP) from the Multiple Sclerosis Society (B.C. and Yukon)
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN ALBERTA
- Alberta Legal Information Society (ALIS)
- Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Center for Public Legal Information Alberta
- Alberta Civil Liberties Research Center
- BearPaw Legal Education and Resource Center
LEGAL CLINICS IN ALBERTA
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Aid Alberta” link below. Additional clinics may be found below.
Other Specialized Clinics and Legal Organizations in Alberta
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN SASKATCHEWAN
LEGAL CLINICS IN SASKATCHEWAN
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Aid Saskatchewan” link. Additional clinics may be found below.
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN MANITOBA
LEGAL CLINICS IN MANITOBA
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Aid Manitoba” link below. Additional clinics may be found below.
- Legal Help Centre (University Legal Clinic)
- Agassiz Community Law Centre
- Phoenix Community Law Centre
- Public Interest Law Centre
Other Specialized Clinics and Legal Organizations in Manitoba
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN NEW BRUNSWICK
- Public Legal Education and Information Service of New Brunswick
- New Brunswick Legal Aid Services Commission
LEGAL CLINICS IN NEW BRUNSWICK
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “New Brunswick Legal Aid” link below. Additional clinics may be found below.
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
LEGAL CLINICS IN NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Newfoundland and Labrador Legal Aid Commission” link below. Additional clinics may be found below.
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN NOVA SCOTIA
LEGAL CLINICS IN NOVA SCOTIA
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Nova Scotia Legal Aid” link. Additional clinics may be found below.
- Dalhousie Legal Aid Service
- Free Legal Clinic at the Halifax Law Courts
- Eastern Chebucto Hub Organization (ECHO)
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION ON PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND<H/4>
LEGAL CLINICS IN PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Prince Edward Island Legal Aid” link. Additional clinics may be found below.
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES
LEGAL CLINICS IN THE NORTHWEST TERRITORIES
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Aid Commission” link.
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN NUNAVUT
LEGAL CLINICS IN NUNAVUT
To find a legal aid clinic in your community, follow the “Legal Services Board of Nunavut” link.
- Legal Services Board of Nunavut
GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION IN THE YUKON
About the Canadian Civil Liberties Association
The CCLA is an independent, non-profit organization with supporters from across the country. Founded in 1964, the CCLA is a national human rights organization committed to defending the rights, dignity, safety, and freedoms of all people in Canada.
For the Media
For further comments, please contact us at email@example.com.