Ask the CCLA: I think my rights were violated at the Canadian border

April 3, 2017

I believe that I was mistreated and/or my rights were violated by the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA). What can I do?

Individuals who wish to make a complaint regarding CBSA’s conduct can access their complaint form here.

CCLA has long advocated for the need for more robust oversight of CBSA – you may read some of our comments to that effect for more information.

We hope that you find this information helpful. The information provided is current to January 2017, and consists of general legal information. It is not legal advice. CCLA does not take responsibility for information found on external websites, even where we have provided links to that information. Everyone’s legal situation is different. If you are facing a legal issue, we recommend that you seek independent legal advice. You can find a list of legal clinics and other resources to help you here.