Ask the CCLA: I need accommodation for special needs, what can I do?

April 3, 2017

I have particular needs because of a disability, my religion, or another prohibited ground of discrimination, and I was not adequately accommodated by my workplace, or a store or restaurant, by a landlord or government body. What can I do?

Failure to accommodate (to the point of undue hardship) can be a form of discrimination. See here to learn more about discrimination and what you can do in response.


We hope that you find this information helpful. The information provided is current to January 2017, and consists of general legal information. It is not legal advice. CCLA does not take responsibility for information found on external websites, even where we have provided links to that information. Everyone’s legal situation is different. If you are facing a legal issue, we recommend that you seek independent legal advice. You can find a list of legal clinics and other resources to help you here.